July 20th, 2006 by lucas
XMPP4R is a Ruby library for the Jabber/XMPP instant messaging protocol.
Version 0.3 brings a lot of new features and fixes. The release has been
delayed by a redesign process, thus the class and module names of
additional features have changed. Updaters are advised to read the
included UPDATING document.
From the ChangeLog:
* SRV lookup capability in Client#connect
* Stringprep support for JIDs
* TLS & SASL support
* Basic Dataforms support
* Multi-User Chat Helpers
* Helpers for File-Transfer, SOCKS5 Bytestreams, In-Band Bytestreams
* Roster helper has modified subscription-request semantics (see
* A lot of features have renamed namespaces (see UPDATING file)
Pointers for further information:
While I worked on version 0.2, I didn’t do anything for this version, and I’m very proud of that, because it’s actually the first time that I was able to hand over all the maintainership of a project I created ;) Stephan Maka really did a Great Job. Congratulations, Stephan !