Re: [opensuse-project] Some questions about openSUSE

Pascal Bleser wrote:

There is currently no sponsoring system of any sort.

may be there is something but not clear: AMD is now a sponsor of openSUSE, but how?

- Which question should I have asked? What should I ask next?

I don't know is this is relevant, but the main community (non-novell) participation is documentation.

many package are given through packman or guru, but this is a (very intersting) work by a very little number of people (as said by Pascal).

the maximum number of people acting for opensuse are "hotliners" and doc writers (wiki, translations, manuals, lessons for lizards...)

I understand this is not what is understood as developper work, but IMHO this is as important as the other part, a good programm without documentation being impaired :-).

I must say there have always been very smart programmers in the open source world, the doc was often very far behind :-))

jdd

--
http://www.dodin.net