Re: [opensuse-project] Some questions about openSUSE

Pascal Bleser <pascal.bleser@skynet.be> writes:

> Lucas Nussbaum wrote:
> [...]
>
> I can't tell you the number of developers paid by Novell for working on
> the distribution.
>
> Could someone else give Lucas some figures on that ? AJ, Coolo, Martin,
> Adrian, Michl ?

It's difficult to measure.  Would you count a person that has one single
package and makes one change to it in a year?  Should I count managers,
documentation, QA etc.

Novell has an engineering force in our business unit that is responsible
for Linux of around 300 (I haven't counted them exactly) people.  Not
all worked full time on 10.3 and some are in the 1 patch group.

Lucas, I'm interested in the results - thanks!

Andreas
--
 Andreas Jaeger, Director Platform/openSUSE, aj@suse.de
   Maxfeldstr. 5, 90409 Nürnberg, Germany