December 7th, 2006 by lucas
After this blog entry, I thought for a while, and decided to take over Debian package a day. I’m well aware that it needs a lot of time, so I’ll try to make this a collaborative work:
- It should be as easy as possible for readers to submit entries
- There will be a team of editors, willing to dedicate some time to this on a regular basis, who will receive new entries from users, improve them and publish them.
The publishing rate should depend on the number of ready-to-go entries in the queue. Starting with publishing twice a week should be okay.
I have already started to set up a wordpress blog (using drafts to prepare entries + mails to coordinate should be enough for now ; we can always switch to something more complex later).
TODO List :
Get control over the debaday.debian.net domain.I couldn’t do it directly since DAMs seem to want to wait until Christmas to deliver my Debian account, so buxy did it for me. Should resolve soon.
- Get added to Planet Debian
and Planet Ubuntu. If the posting rate stays low, it shouldn’t be a problem, and we can always change this later. Write the initial pages explaining how to contribute, etc.
- Get the first entry online.
- Recruit editors to share the load.
- Wait for you to submit entries :-)
Update (08/12/06) : Debian Package of the Day won’t be added on Planet Debian: a recent discussion concluded that non-personal blogs should not be on Planet Debian. So you have to subscribe directly to its feed (if you read Planet Ubuntu, you probably don’t need to, since it was added there).